Thursday, February 15, 2007

Cinnamon Sugar Spread

When I was a kid, I loved cinnamon sugar toast! I thought it was such a special treat.

I still love it to this day, but I don't make it much. I guess its partially due to the fact that I try to eat a lot more protein for breakfast and partially due to the fact that I don't think about it at breakfast time. It does make a great snack, though.

My MIL gave me a recipe for making a spread that will give you the great result of warm, melted butter, sugar and cinnamon slathered on a crispy slice of toasted bread without having to actually get your sugar shaker out each time.

Cinnamon Sugar Spread

1 Stick Butter, softened
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon

Mix all ingredients together well. Spread on hot toast, bagels, tortillas or English muffins. Store in the refrigerator.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Cool idea.... love the site btw