Saturday, August 23, 2008

Homemade Pancakes



Homemade pancakes are one of this family's favorite comfort foods. Steven particularly loves pancakes. Of course, I always say he'll eat anything that's covered in syrup. Like Buddy the Elf, he thinks syrup is one of the basic food groups.

Pancakes are easy to make. I always make twice as much and freeze the rest. The kids can just warm them up in the toaster or in the microwave!

HOMEMADE PANCAKES

1 Cup Flour

3 Tablespoons Melted Butter (cooled)

1 Egg

1 Tablespoon Baking Powder

Pinch of Salt

3/4 Cup Milk

1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar

Mix all ingredients together (use my mixing tip for easier clean up). Pour 1/4 cup batter on a hot, lightly-oiled griddle or skillet. Cook until bubbles rise out of batter and edges start to look dry. You can also check underside for doneness by lifting slightly with a spatula. Turn and cook until browned on both sides. Serve hot with butter and syrup.

2 comments:

Shirla said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. :)
Here is my friend Erin's blog URL
http://erinandshawn.blogspot.com/

Jamie @ Bungalow Bee said...

Hi! You had a recipe in July 2007 for Boston Cream Pie. My mother-in-law requested that I make this for her birthday (tomorrow!) and I've never made it before. I'd like to try your recipe, but the steps were unclear to me. I understand that I would make a 2 layer yellow cake. From there, I would cut one of the layers in two horizontally. You said that the bottom layer should be pressed in the middle - you mean the layer that is still whole? So I would do that to the bottom layer, pour in half the filling, put the middle layer on, then put the rest of the filling on top of the middle layer then place the top on and pour on the ganache? Just checking :) Thank you!