Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Make It From Scratch #8


We've got a great variety of entries this week! Thanks for stopping by and checking it out and thanks to Stephanie for letting me host. I hope she is having some fun on the beach!


CRAFTS

I am amazed at how crafty some of you are! All I can say is WOW!!!

Anastacia has been busy! I can hear the needles clicking now! Check out her third pair in the Anastacia Knits: 52 pair plunge at Anastacia Knits Pair #3. They look great!

What do you do with all of your plastic grocery bags? You'll be able to make a Crocheted Plastic Bag Keeper from Recycled Bags after visiting Cindy!

The ever-frugal, ever-crafty Alexandra made a special quilt for her little one. Sure to become a family heirloom!


SOAPS & DETERGENTS

Niki at The-A-Team made a soap she calls "the mildest of the mild". Sounds like it would be perfect for anyone with sensitive skin. She gives us the recipe for a cold-process Sleepy Baby Soap.

Before her clean getaway (on vacation, that is), Stephanie decided to give Homemade Dishwasher Detergent a try. Simple recipe, but did it work out? Click on over and find out.


FOOD

GP almost got a separate category for a VERY informative post! Microwave Magic will give you several uses for your microwave and a great recipe for Hot Cross Buns! YUM!

Don't let her blog title fool you. Lisa at 'Sew What's Up?' made my tummy rumble with, what she claims to be, "The most yummy quick, instant gratification cookies ever!!!" Give her No Bake Oatmeal Cookies a test run.

I tried something new right here at The Fat Bottomed Girl when I made Iced Tea (Or Sweet Tea) Concentrate. The first one turned out great, so I made a bunch of them tonight to freeze!


WHEW! I made it through my first time hosting. How did I do?

I had a blast! It was fun to see what everyone made. Keep up the good work! See you all next week back at Stop the Ride!

10 comments:

Stephanie Appleton said...

Thanks for the great hosting job. Looks like a great bunch of entries!

Joanna said...

Thanks for hosting, Heather! Everything looks great! I'm bummed I couldn't participate this week, with all the Easter hubbub. Hopefully I'll be on top of things next week!

delilah said...

I didn't make it in this week....sorry. Just wanted you to know it wasn't you (ha ha ha). I should be back next week.

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting another great carnival. It's really great to see what everyone comes up with!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Great job hosting. Sorry I didn't make it this week. After things settle down, I'll be back. :)

Celeste said...

Greta job!

Anonymous said...

Great carnival this time! Sorry I didn't get an article in, but maybe for the next one. I look forward to seeing what people make each week.

Alexandra said...

Thanks for hosting Heather!

G.P. said...

heather... great round up... Glad you stopped by at the inn :) Another recipe to make you go YUM on deck for next week fer sure

GP in Montana:)

Anonymous said...

Heather,
Thank you for the great job you did with Make it from Scratch this week. I appreciated that you included my recycled bag project. I have had wonderful response from several people who read your blog.

Thanks for letting me share my recycled bags and crafting ideas with all your readers!

Cindy
http://www.myrecycledbags.com/