Sunday, September 14, 2008

Chicken Salad from Leftovers


I love to make Chicken Salad from leftover barbecued chicken. The flavor from the grilling and B-B-Q Sauce can't be beat! Here's how I make mine:
Chicken Salad
3-4 pieces leftover b-b-q Chicken
1 stalk Celery, minced
2 T. minced Onion
Salt and Pepper to taste
Salad dressing or Mayo
Remove chicken from bones if necessary. Chop chicken to desired size (I prefer a small chop). Mix in celery, onion and salad dressing to your liking. Season with salt and pepper. Store in refrigerator. Serve on rolls, bread, tortillas, flat bread or on a bed of lettuce.
TIPS:
~ I like to make this at least a couple of hours before serving to let the flavors come together a little bit. Refrigerate overnight for the best results.

1 comment:

"J" said...

I love making this! I also love making turkey salad the same way at Thanksgiving!!!!